Erwinna Covered Bridge
(GPSN40’ 30.15”W75’ 04.48”)
Located on Geigel Hill
Road, NW of Erwinna in Tinicum Twp.
Although the National Register lists the construction date of the Erwinna Covered Bridge as 1871, the county records suggest it was actually built in 1832. Utilizing the Town Trussit crosses the Lodi (Swamp Creek). Only 56 ft long and 15 ft wide, Erwinna is the shortest bridge in the county. It is painted the traditional red with a white entry portals.
From River Rd, Rt 32 and Headquarters Rd go west onto Headquarters Rd (Headquarters Rd becomes Geigel Hill Rd) 0.5 mi to the bridge.