Sheard's Mill Covered Bridge
(GPSN40’ 27.30”W75’ 16.71”
Located on Covered Bridge Rd, between Haycock and East Rockhill Townships.
Constructed in 1873, by unknown builders, Sheard’s Mill Covered Bridge spans Tohickon Creek. One of Bucks County's longer bridges, it is 130 ft long and 15 ft wide. The one span bridge uses the Town Truss and is painted the traditional red with awhite entry, or portal Many covered bridgeswere built near mills for the convenience of farmers. In this situation, the mill was built by David Sheard in 1835 and is still standing. During the 20th century, John Clymer owned the mill and continued to grind grain for feed and apples for cider until 1965. The mill, is on the National Register and currently part of the Tohickon Family Campgrounds.
From Rt 313 and Rt 563 (Mountain View Dr,which runs on the north side of Lake Nockamixon), go east for 0.9mi. Turn left onto Sterner Rd. Go 325 ft and take the first right onto Richlandtown Rd and go 1.2 mi. Take the first right onto Covered Bridge Rd 0.5 mi.